Thursday, May 21, 2009

Boldly going...

So, I have been doing some thinking about this whole blog thing. I think it is going to take a little practice to find a "Voice" I feel good about. That's kind of the point of this whole thing.

Somethings I have thought about would be how often to post and what about. I could try to be really ambitious and try to blog practically everyday. I have considered breaking each day down, so you might have something to expect. A purely hypothetical weekly schedule could include a look at the new DVD releases on Monday, maybe a weekly book review or something along those lines (as if I could keep up reading a book a week) and on Thursday a look at movies hitting the theaters. I also think that my blog posts should include some discussion of Christian ideals and themes. I was originally going to try and leave that out, because I know there are some people it will turn off. However, if I am looking to find my own voice through all of this I need to acknowledge that large part of myself and make a stand for it. I will steer clear of being too "preachy". I don't think that is how Jesus intended his message to be shared. He was more about meeting people where they were and loving them recklessly. I think the world could use some more of that kind of attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment